Saturday, November 11, 2006

"Stacking it"

Seeing as I didn't have netball I decided to go for a bike ride and then a run. I rode along the Gardiner's Creek Trail to the Capital City Trail. I misjudged part of the trail and "stacked it". I fell on to the road (lucky there were no cars coming), dislodged the chain and gashed my hand. I freaked out a bit as I had no idea how to fix the chain! I fiddled around for a while and managed to fix it. My hand was also quite swollen and sore and it was annoying trying to grip the handlebars. I cycled to the Burmley St bridge and then tried to find a place to lock up my bike. I eventually found a park bench out of the sight of most people. With my bike secured I began my run. It was hard because it was quite warm and I had "cycling legs". I made it to the far end of Yarra bend park (Fairfield boathouse). I then ran back the way I came. My bike was where I left it in the park (phew!) and I continued back home the same way without any dramas. The whole trip took about 2 hours, 45 minutes.

Total distance cycling 30km, running 10km

No comments: